Locura De Marzo Selection Process
Here is the process we followed to get our final 16 songs!
1. March of 2021, teachers begin to submit songs. They are supposed to check that all lyrics are appropriate before submitting their song to the google form. More than 200 songs were submitted between March of 2021 and January of 2022!
2. We assigned a group of teachers 7 songs each. From those 7 songs they had to choose 2 songs and a third if they felt very strongly it should be included. They were to grade the songs out based on this criteria: Appropriate lyrics, will the students connect to the song, song intangibles like message, cultural representation, etc.
3. That narrowed it down to around 60 songs, which was still too many. We then had another round where teachers choose 2 songs out of 6 that they thought would connect the least with the students. That got us down to just over 40 songs.
4. We posted the list of songs in our Facebook group. A few more songs were removed due to inappropriate lyrics. That left us with this final Youtube playlist of 38 songs.
5. We will be having a teacher vote in our FB group starting on Monday, January 24 and have our final song selections shortly after that!
Leave a Reply.
Subscribe for $1.99/month and receive access to an ever growing collection of more than 40 online lessons, and 40+ original songs, and Spanish resources by topic!
About Señor Ashby:
I am a K-12 Spanish educator specializing in creativity. I am passionate about learning through technology, music, and innovation. I have taught Spanish to K-12, and am a two time finalist for online teacher of the year (2011, 2014). l live in West Michigan with my wife and our four energetic boys!